Sunday, November 18, 2012

2,272 Tigers cards on the wall

I have made some big hauls in the last two weeks.

Late last weekend I wrote about how I raided the card shop of pages from the early 1980s to beef up my Donruss, Fleer, and Topps Tigers from that era, that boosted me up to about 1,800.

A 300 card auction win ramped things up even more for the early 2000s with some Upper Deck Vintage and other smaller teams sets to get crossed off the board.

Included was a 1958 Billy Hoeft.  My oldest card to date, the variation at the bottom with the yellow triangle has this nice looking card valued around $25 (which was more than I paid for the entire lot!)


Another auction of 1982 Topps Traded. (Can you ever have enough Chet Lemon?)


Finally, I have been bringing in some 1970s Topps from a guy out in Oklahoma that has been really exciting to see the front end of my collection grow bit by bit.



With some trades pending and deciding what to do with the 2012 Topps Heritage High Number series, my goal now is to hit 3,000 by the New Year.

Wanted and Items for Trade have been updated.

Keep it hot on the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment