Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Super Collector in You!

I picked up the Super Collector edition of Beckett Monthly and sparked curiosity to see what the blog - o - sphere holds in terms of Super Collectors.  I like checking this stuff out, just like the blogs out there to give me some ideas on how I can improve or modify my collection.

A Super Collector to me doesn't mean countless high end cards or those who can dive deep into super rare hits and pricey stuff.  The Super Collector here on the Hot Corner are those who collect for love of cardboard in any form or fashion, starting with the dime box all the way on up.

So this is what we're going to do.  I want to find Super Collectors.

Here is what you need to do:

  • Write a post about your super collection and leave a comment below so I can check it out
  • You have to be a follower of the Hot Corner Cards Blog
  • You have until 11:59 PM, September 30th to post and leave comment.
  • At the end of September, there will be a week of blog voting that will be counted toward the award process.
  • Hot Corner Cards has the final vote.
What's in it for you?

The beauty of this, is we're going to find out what people truly enjoy in the hobby, so I would want to reward the Hot Corner Super Collectors with something they would like (won't be sending out any lots Jose Valverde, ya know!) .  I am going to work on Mrs. Hot Corner to open up the budget a bit to get something good for those willing to share their collections.  If you're still undecided on the payout, check out my TRANSACTIONS page and see what other have to say about my track record.  Trust, I am going to hook you up!

Awards to be given out:

Super Collector of the Year
Dedication to a Single Player (any sport)
Dedication to a Single Team (any sport)
Rookie of the Year

So, whaddya got? Start to post away!  I will have mine up later today or tomorrow to serve as an example.

Keep it Hot on the Corner, pat.

3 comments:

  1. I like this idea, I will have to start scanning my Ryan Howard collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my first part of a two-part series, this is my Jason Varitek player collection.

    http://redsoxfaninnebraska.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-super-collector-in-me-pt-1-beware.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally scanned a few, check out my post!

    http://bradsphilliesblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-pc-player-ryan-howard-super.html

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete