Sunday, October 27, 2013

1990 Revisted

The Lost Post.... this post (#197) was supposed to run on 9/16/13...here it is in it's entirety. 


For some reason I have had a hankering for 1990 cards.


Over the last year of diving back into the hobby I have completed the Topps, Score, Donruss, and now Upper Deck sets with Bowman on the way!   1990 may have been the height of my initial collecting as a kid and there was so much to like (I realize that many of you dislike the Topps design, and I can see it, but it's too unique for me and for the most part it was the fashion of colors of the 90s.)


My dad hooked my brother and I up with two hobby boxes this year of Topps and Score.  What an awesome guy!  A quarter a pack.

No way did I think I could finish the UD back as kid, the top-shelf item.

My one and only gripe has been the Upper Deck Holograms....the box states, "an assortment of holograms".
My thought upon opening said box, "Wow there is more than 30 in here, there has to be all the teams"

Discovering my old school SWAG (Scientifice Wild @$$ Guess) to be false, I came away a tad disappointed

Several Blue Jays, Cubs, and Braves...some White Sox


(why?) and to my chagrin, no Tigers hologram cards. Sorry for the pic, but it looks as good as I feel about this.  I need this hologram, please help.

I am not sure how far this 1990 craving will keep up as I don't like Fleer design.  Bowman may be the last of it.

Keep it Hot on the Corner, pat.


1 comment:

  1. Have this for you along with 85 Evans and 81 Fleer Fidrych if you still need them.

    http://nolansdugout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete