Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My John Smoltz Future Star

Listen folks, I am not creative in the least.

My first job out of college, teaching in Mississippi, I had a roommate who was an art teacher, she said she could teach anyone to draw, anyone, seriously --- I believe in all....

....after about 20 minutes she determined that I was the only human being she could not teach to draw, so you can tell what we're dealing with here.

So with all this Topps Future Stars rebirth, I have had a curiosity into what in the world the John Smoltz Future Star card  would look like in my collection from either 1987 or 1988? (I know! They didn't exist in 1988, but it would be a lot cooler if it did!)

If Jim of gcrl is listening (reading), I sure would appreciate a custom card of Smoltz as a rookie Tiger.

For now I can deal with the 1987 stat line... 11 Games, 9-0, 1.53 ERA, clinched the East, not so much the ALCS.



I can't determine what side of the 1988 Doyle to add to the table, any thoughts? I am highly susceptible to peer pressure.

Keep it Hot on the Corner, Pat.


No comments:

Post a Comment